Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Apr 8, 2021

Metal Born to Ride Card

Hello! 

After driving through rain, sleet and snow, we’ve been granted a sunny day today here in the Loops! I love playing around in my studio when the sun is shining so that’s where I spent some time today. I have a friend who is turning 60 soon. I took an old method and applied it to this card. I love making masculine cards.


To make this I grabbed some electricians tape, mixed media tools, regular necessities like double sided tape and some fun things like rub-ons, brads and Stickers. Then I remembered he loves to ride and is an avid musician - - and out popped a card! Like magic! 


Above is a photo of the taped piece so you can see what I did with it. It’s hard to get it to show up because it’s so shiny and reflective. I had some...oh man, I forget what they call it, but it gives you the waffle pattern underneath the tape. It has a sticky side so I just stuck it in place and put the tape over top of it. Then I grabbed my little tools and ran them over the seams, and since this was a motorbike card, I had random “tire prints” all over. I used the poky tool to make dots that look like rivets.

I used a retired stamp set from Stampin Up called Born to Ride that I got at a garage sale. 

A couple more photos. 




If you’d like to see some of my other “metal” works, here are a few links: 









If you’d like to see other motorcycle cards:

All Free Digitals (scroll down)





Thanks for stopping in. Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a great weekend!
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card Carmen - love your background, and so different from the embossing folders that we tend to reach for now - I love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just made up that background, it’s not a folder. I used silver duct tape and impressed it with different tools I have.
      Thanks so much! 🌹

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!