Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Apr 5, 2021

Beaded and Embroidered Fabric Card

Hi there,

Did you know there’s such a thing as Tim Holtz fabric? Well, there is and it’s gorgeous!!!


The picture doesn’t do it justice, they’re different all over, they’re vibrant and fun! Here’s some more pictures of the ones I bought - - yes, there are more available.






So I initially bought these to make pouches out of, but I had to make a card and I just couldn’t help myself. You guessed it, some of this gorgeous fabric went into making a card. It’s hard to do such a beautiful background justice without overdoing it. Too much isn’t good. 


I attached the fabric to a piece of card stock slightly smaller than the card. Then I beaded the flower onto the card and used embroidery floss for the stem and leaves. Added a tag and done. I couldn’t decide if it was beautiful or tacky, but I gave it to her and hoped for the best.


My girlfriend seemed to like it. What do you think of it? 


Don’t you love this fabric? It will make some nice pouches with either kraft Tex or denim. Can’t wait to play!

Well, have a good week!

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. What fascinating fabric Carmen - and I agree you could easily overdo stitching etc on it, and not let it 'shine through', which would be a shame. Love your use with the simple flower over the vibrant colours
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!