Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Nov 17, 2021

Christmas Sleigh Ride 2021


Hi everyone!

We’re going on a Christmas Sleigh Ride!

This is the first sleigh ride post this year. As before, I look around the World Wide Web and try to find some fun and useful ideas for Christmas. I wouldn’t say 2021 has behaved itself, but we’ll see if we can perk things up.

Christmas Gnomes are all the rage now. So I’ve found this little tutorial on how to make your very own Christmas gnome in 5 easy steps. And they are easy, cheap to make and adorable!



Happy Hooligans thought they’d invite the kids to play along and make a bunch of super cute gnome ornaments. It’s a fun project and something for them to do while on Christmas holidays. 



Although it’s lovely to look out the window and see the snowflakes dancing in the sky and covering the lawn in a blanket of purity…shoveling it will give you a pain in your back. I found a great recipe for bath salts you’ll love to soak in. 


These actually do sound amazing, and I think I have all the EO’s for these too!

The holiday season is always such a busy time and it’s easy to get overwhelmed and completely miss that warm cozy Christmas feeling. So I watch Christmas movies. I’ve included the Hallmark movie guide and am also including one for the kids!

2021 Hallmark Movie Guide- click the link to get a download of the guide.




Since we’re doing some things with the kids, here’s another super cute idea. There’s a little video included and honestly, these would be really cute to wear on your coat. You just have to attach a pin to the back. 



One of the ways we bring Christmas into our homes is by the decor we put out. There’s great ways to make things with what we have handy. Some Epsom salts, glue, a mason jar and a Christmas pick and we’re almost there! 



I love what you can do with barn wood for Christmas. Check these out…I love the rustic look, but the second one is beautiful too. I couldn’t find any sources for these, but they’re easy enough that anyone could make them just by looking at them. 



I don’t know about you, but I love to bake and Christmas baking is my favorite. I’ve shared my eggnog bread on this blog with you, and my fudge puddles. I found these recipes and haven’t tried them yet, but they look so simple! Who knew Jolly Ranchers would premiere in a cookie one day?

Stained Glass Cookies from Cooking Classy.


If you’re a no bake kinda cookie gal, here’s a recipe that may work for you.



This particular post got a lot of attention when it came out, and no wonder! Who doesn’t like elf boot napkins at the Christmas table? Super cute and easy. Depending on what napkins you use, you can get elegant to woodsy!




Last but not least, some cheery snacks!



That’s our Christmas Sleigh Ride for today. I hope you get a chance to try some of these ideas out!

Meanwhile, I’m off to work on another post!

See you soon,
Carmen











3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea thanks Carmen - I think I may click a few of those links when life quietens down in a few days (I hope)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! What a great post, so many ideas!!! Thank you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!