Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Nov 16, 2021

Watercolor and Ink Cards

Hello!

Has anyone out there had snow yet? My son in Fort McMurray, Alberta has, and a friend of mine had to shovel herself out of two feet of snow today. Looks like winter has arrived in the north. 

Meanwhile, just south of us the town of Merritt has flooded, Princeton has flooded, Abbotsford is partially flooded, and I think all the highways and roads from the Interior of BC to Vancouver on the coast, are closed! Many are heading here and to Kelowna from Merritt, and flights out are in high demand.

The Coquihalla (coke-a-halla), the main highway from here to the coast has a bunch of mudslides. It was so bad a part of the road got swept away. There were people trapped between two mudslides that had to be air lifted out. I guess in part, it was to be expected with all the wildfires we braved this summer.

I wonder what other surprises 2021 still has in store for us? I am just watching the drama unfold online and hoping everyone is ok. I haven’t heard of anyone dying, so that’s good.

I’ve been busy today!

I’ve been pricing all my cards and other goods to sell. I have a variety of card types, so my pricing differs depending on what they are. 

Hand painted canvas cards ($8). These are canvases that were made into cards. Some are embellished with gemstone rough. These are originals, not prints.

 Watercolor and ink cards (6.50). These are watercolor painted backgrounds with either stamped and colored, or hand drawn subjects. Also originals, not prints.

Hand painted acrylic cards ($8). These are painted acrylics onto the card itself. Originals. 

Textile art cards ($12). These cards are sewn and hand stitched satin, cotton and lace, embellished with buttons and little sayings on cotton, framed in an aperture card that can be gifted as a card or framed and given as a gift.

Designer cards ($6). My regular cards that are pieced and embellished with various items. These come in two sizes. The smaller cards are $5,

 In addition I’m selling handmade fabric envelopes ($3)

 Bits of encouragement booklets which will make great small gifts or additions to a card (4.50).

 Soon I will have framed textile art, but it’s still in the works. The pricing on those will begin at $25.00
The two I have are 5” x 5” and will be featured in a post soon. 

I will ship purchased cards for actual shipping costs.

Looks like this is going to be a long post because I still have some cards to share. These are in the Watercolor and Ink category. These are 7” x 5” 



(this is a small 4.25 x 5.5 card, it’s $5)






And I think I’m going to leave you here because I have another post to prepare. I’m going to be doing up a Sleigh Ride post. Do you remember those? I did them in 2010 to 2012, a few posts close to Christmas with all kinds of Christmas ideas, decor, food, etc. 

I’m also doing a post where I’ll be linking up many of my free Christmas Digital Stamps for you to use. 

But first, a coffee!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Carmen



BRUTALLY HONEST SLOGANS

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen - loving your cards - and the more I looked at I realised that I have that feather set... these have inspired me to look at the set again.
    Pity I am so far away that the postage would virtually double the cost of the cards
    Sounds as though you have had some terrible weather -
    it's warming up here as sumnmer is finally getting the upper hand...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, BC is a bit of a mess right now. We haven’t had any mail since the slides. The feathers area CTMH stamp, and yes, please play!! My blog is more for fun and ideas than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How colorful and so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 103 for Handmade Cards. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!