Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Mar 20, 2021

Somewhere In The Middle

Hello Kamloops and beyond,

I’ve been thinking- - - Lol, lucky you!😜

The truth about the creative process is that it can be all over the place. My personal artistic journey is affected by so many other processes. Whether it’s mood, circumstances, supply limits, health, or unexpected surprises, whether good or bad - - any creative process is affected by our outside or inner worlds. I wonder if it has to be this way because art is an extension of our selves and our experiences.

This is also the reason I sometimes have several things on the go, although I prefer to go one by one. The truth is, sometimes I need a break from one project, and sometimes things come up that are a priority. I’m learning to go with the flow. 

Which brings me to somewhere in the middle — The title of this post. Today I’m going to post what’s  on my ‘desk.’ 


I’m looking forward to finishing this little pouch, but the zipper gave me some trouble, so after ripping it out twice, I put it aside for a while. I drew up the pattern myself and hope to complete it soon. 


I’ve been organizing my pearl cotton strands for thread painting. I’m practicing clouds, so the next piece is on hold until I get those down. I’m not sure what I want to use, so I picked up some yarn balls to see if they’re the right texture. 


Now these look like fun. These were sent to me by my good friend and artist, Diane Etcheverry from The Beaded Lime. You can find her on Instagram HERE. I compel you to check out her artistic works. Her needle felting is just amazing and she paints too. These were in a surprise package, just because!

I hadn’t considered using silk in my thread painting, but I’m actually really psyched to play with it. Should be fun! 


This is just a little peek of the kids painting I’m working on. I’ve just started it and am nowhere near done. The painting is in various stages. I have kind of a quirky whymsical side that pops up once in a while. This one will take some time to complete. 

I have lots on the go, and I’m dreaming of other projects as well. Life is just funny these days. I’m sure you all relate. I refuse to say the word since we are overwhelmingly inundated by it daily. Let’s just say we are blessed, life is still good, and the human spirit will never be stomped out!

So, what’s on your desk? 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!