Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jun 16, 2020

Sunshine Box for the Grandkids

It's been a while since I've sent off a care package to my grandkids up north, so I've really been thinking about that a while. The other day I went on Pinterest and looked around for ideas, and then went to the store to see what I could find. I also started a new board called "It's From Gramma!", because I know that's what they'll say when they get it. 

I was able to buy some cookies from a local lady, ones that they can paint and then eat. I bought some for my other grandkids too...the ones from the Island. I have a photo of them 'painting' their cookies since they were in town recently. Cute idea, right? 


I usually pick up candies, a few little toys, some books, etc. This time I did find an idea that I thought was kind of cool. I usually always throw in a little letter to the kids. In the past I've written the letter with different color markers, added stickers, etc. This time I bought each of them a puzzle. I took them out of their boxes, turned them over and - - well, let me show you.


This was for a younger grandson, and it had only 24 pieces.


I turned it over and wrote the letter to him on the backside of it. 


This one is for my granddaughter and I did the same for her, but hers is a little longer because it was a 48 piece puzzle which meant there was more room to write on it.


Then I placed both of them back in their respective bags (taped) and boxes waiting to be mailed.

I'm going to call them Sunshine Boxes using a print I got off of Pinterest. 

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! 
Blessings,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. So nice to send your grandkids such a lovely surprise. The letter for each of them on the back of their puzzles is a great idea.
    Best wishes, Wies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea so sen sunshine boxes - My grandies are in town, so I have been able to see them, although for some weeks it was at the front fence, with them on one side and me on the other...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!