Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jun 14, 2020

Masculine Card Fun!

It's June, which means lots and lots of rain. More than usual, in fact. So I am happily in my studio playing with all my crafty stuff. As you know, Father's Day is just around the corner and I've been making some cards. I love making masculine cards and I seem to have lots of masculine papers lying around. I've been wanting to use these particular papers for a long time, but have found them hard to work with. When you're unsure what to do, sometimes you just have to have that attitude. You know, the one that says....I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I'm doing it anyway. That was what happened here. 

Honestly, the lighting is such a problem. I take them on my iphone or ipad and transfer them to my laptop. They look great on the ipad....but alas....pink.


A peek on the inside of this one.


This is the second one.


And a little peek inside this one.


I wrote out DAD on the fountain pen nibs, and note the ink splotches which I drew in. Both cards have raised images on the front to give it some interest. I also rubbed on some edges and glued on corners and 3D clear dots.

Hope things are drier and sunnier where you are! 

Blessings,
Carmen


1 comment:

  1. What wonderful masculine cards Carmen, and amazing, innovative use of the papers.
    As it is winter here it is overcast at the moment, and cold at only 10 oC today - and rain is forecast...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!