I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 11, 2019

Mouse in a House

Hello,

Christmas is two weeks away and boy December is flying by quickly. I've been making a few different things. I decided to show you my little Mouse in a House. The House is an empty Altoid tin that I've washed and embellished with scrapbook designer cardstock, a little clock, a kitty and a bow. 

First though, here's the finished project. 


This is the top of the Altoid tin. I just glued this designer cardstock on the tin and later mod podged it.

Here is the inside of the tin. As you can see I've lined it all with designer cardstock.

The little mouse is a pattern I bought from Gingermelon on Etsy. I love this seller. She sells patterns and the wool felt for them, plus her service is quick, friendly and actual shipping charges. I highly recommend you check out her shop. I've made the peek a boo pals, and there are so many other patterns to choose from. Her wool felt is gorgeous as well. Anyway--the mouse pattern comes with several little additions like a top hat, skirt, heart, etc., but I've used the cloud.

I made a little pillow for the mouse's head, but you have to be careful not to stuff it too much, or you don't have to stuff it at all really. I realized when I closed the tin that the little guys nose got pushed to one side. Mouse troubles. Poor mouse.

Note the little mattress as well. Its' just one thickness of felt with stitches throughout. 

That's actually a little mirror the cat is sitting near. It's just the inside of the Altoid tin, but close enough. That little clock I found in my stash. I have a few of them that I bought when I was looking into mixed media. 

Well, that's it for today. This will go to a little granddaughter along with some peek a boo dolls. 

Are you done all your shopping? I just finished the bulk of mine. Maybe a couple of small things to do yet, but it's mostly birthdays. I have a lot of birthdays around Christmas time.

Oh, and I just about forgot. I am adding more free digital stamps to my freebies page when I get a chance. I'm closing my Etsy shop and moving onto other things, so I will slowly start posting them on the blog when I have time. Check my Freebies page every now and then at the top of the blog.

Have a good weekend! 

Blessings,
Carmen


2 comments:

Thanks for the comments!