I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 5, 2019

Keeping the Wigs Warm!


Hello everyone,

Fall is here and my nesting instincts have taken full hold right next to my yarn basket! Ok, so it’s bigger than a basket - - - let’s just leave it at that. 

I pulled out my trustee hooks and away I went. Last year I took part in Sweet Potato 3’s Cancer Challenge, but this year I decided to make children’s hats because they are just cute and fun to put together. I’ll show you what I’ve made and link you to the patterns, if I have one. 

First up, I found this adorable little Llama hat on Pinterest by The Crafty Flutist. I did make a couple of changes- I didn’t fray the yarn for the hair, and I added lashes to her eyes. The pattern is free, so make you’re own if you’re so inclined. 


Next, I picked up this little free pattern from Semi Sweet Crafter. This little parrot was so easy to make. I found myself using the toddler size to make the 12 mo hat, so check your gage! 



Last but not least, I made this little Paw Patrol Skye Hat. This one was a little more complicated as I took a paid pattern for the hat and badge, but used the free pattern for the Aviator Hat from Repeat Crafter Me for the goggles on the Skye hat. I made some small changes, adding a sc row to the bottom of the goggles, and adding another row around the eye pieces and the top perimeter. As for the doggy ears, I just made those up as I went. They turned out ok, but as you see, this Skye Paw Patrol Hat was a mix and match pattern. Unfortunately there’s no one pattern. 


That’s all I have for you today! Hope you’re all enjoying our fall weather. It sure is starting to get a bit nippy at night. Good time to throw some hats on them kiddos! 

Blessings!






1 comment:

  1. What fabulous hats Carmen - loving that you have adapted patterns for your own needs. I am about to start a lacy cardigan for my grand daughter :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!