Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Sep 5, 2024

Birthday Celebrations with Mugs and Gemstones!

Good morning,

August was a busy time for us, and one event we celebrated was my husbands 65th birthday! Two of our boys are in town, so we all went out for dinner with them and their families. We had such a wonderful time. 

Two of our younger grandkids made us each a mug. I just love these - I’m pretty sure they make our coffee taste even better! 


I also made a birthday card for my husband. He’s a gemstone faceter now - a hobby he picked up before retirement, but that he’s perfected over the last three years. I’ll share some of his stones with you too. In addition, he’s become interested in old pocket watches. When his uncle was still alive, he gave him all his watch making tools. That was my reason for this particular card. 


To be fair, he looks much younger than this bearded fellow, but that’s the image I had. 

These are some stones he’s faceted. He goes by bcstonecutter on Instagram if you’d like to look at some of his other work. 


This owl design is named “Notolla” by Marco Voltolini
The stone is Titanium Sapphire
Faceted by Graham Gamble


The cut is a “Round Honeycomb” design by Michiko Huynh
The stone is a Lab Czochralski Pulled Pink Sapphire.
Faceted by Graham Gamble


Design is “Heart and Soul” by Michael Edgett
Titanium Sapphire
Faceted by Graham Gamble


Design is “Radiant Eye of Zul” by Arya Ahkavan
Bicolor teal and purple Flame Fusion Sapphire
Faceted by Graham Gamble


A modified rendering of “Spellbound”
Lab Flame Fusion green Sapphire
Faceted by Graham Gamble

He cuts both man-made and real gems. If you’re interested, please check out his Instagram listed above.

I was going to share same smaller cards I made recently, but I’ll leave those for another post. 

Thanks for visiting,

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Carmen I am fascinated by your husbands work - that is amazing. You really are a very talented pair.
    Love the card you made for him - that is a wonderful image.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maxine! Yes, I’m fascinated by him too. I had no idea he was this creative! It’s just a hobby, but he loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!