Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Apr 10, 2024

Pocket cards and Notecards

Good morning,

What do you bring when you’re invited to dinner? Being from Dutch heritage, I used to bring flowers. As time went on the flowers turned into a bottle of wine. Lately I’ve been thinking about that and while talking to a friend she gave me a great idea. Why not give a pack of handmade notecards? So I’ve set about to do just that. 

This set was made using images from Etsy. The shop name is DreamCafeArt. 


I used my Cuttlebug to add dimension to the cards. Then decorated them with blue crystals and silver cord. The sentiments are rub ons and they’ve been raised with foam tape. On the inside I took opaque vellum and added dimension with the cuttlebug. It adds some charm. The inside is blank for writing on. 


I packaged the set of four in a clear card envelope and placed a ribbon and a charm (not pictured) around it for gift giving. 

On this next one I used the Stamperia Provence 8” paperpad. The notecards are all 3.5x5”





These also went into a clear envelopes as a set of 4. A bit of lace finished it off. This picture doesn’t show it, but I added a metal charm to the bow in place of the tag. I might change up the lace too. 


This is a set of two cards. I can’t remember which paperpad I used, but it is from Stamperia. I embellished these two with brads and that sticky trellis ribbon. I might keep these to give away individually. 




Next, I have some pocket cards. These were just kind of fun to make. I only made sets of two so far. I used papers I had in my stash.


These are not notecards as they do not open. The insert comes out and opens up to write on. These last two pictures were taken on a cloudy day. 


These went into a clear envelope for gift giving as well. I added a wooden embellishment to the front of the envelope. 


There are two pocket cards in this package as well, both are get well wishes made with papers in my stash, with a packet of tea in the pocket. I used notecards for these so you can open it up and write inside. The outside is embellished with a wooden butterfly. 


That’s it for today! 

What a great idea for gift giving. My friend at ‘The Beaded Lime’ is so talented and full of great ideas. You should check her out on Instagram.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings
C~


2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Carman, and you have inspired me.. I love those last two with the blue flowers and sticky 'ribbon'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I enjoyed making them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!