Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jan 24, 2024

Attic Window Quilt

I can’t believe it’s been a month, but here we are. It seems the art of blogging is a relic of the past with all the new platforms out there. My mindset is, why change what’s working? Perhaps I’m the only one out here watching anymore, but that’s ok too. With the way the world is today, I’m sure the internet will break one day too. 

Things come…to pass, it seems.

Meanwhile I’m over here with the things that make me happy. The Lord God, my Creator, my husband, my sons, my extended family and my friends. Plus, of course, my crafts. So I’ve been working on an old attic window quilt top that I put together years ago. Before I even started this blog in 2009. My dad had mentioned that he liked it, and since he will be celebrating his 90th birthday soon, I thought I’d complete it for him. 

Better late than never. Right? 

I’m actually kind of proud of myself for finally finishing it. One of the few things I tucked away and forgot about.  Now it’s  not perfect, as I’m really still learning free motion quilting. 





It looks like you’re peeking out some windows. I’m not sure where the dinosaur fits in, but I didn’t create the pattern, so I just went with it. It’s a lap quilt and I hope he likes it. 

Have a good week everyone,
Blessings,

C~



Oh, I wish!!



4 comments:

  1. Oh Carmen this is amazing - I am sure your Dad will love it - the more so that you finished it with him in mind. What a blessing to still have him in your life!
    Blogging is a lot quieter that it was, with quite a few folks dropping out of blogging , but I still plug on :) Not a lot going on in mine at the moment, thanks to some health issues....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your health improves! Seems like it’s been a long time for you!💜

      Delete
  2. Very impressive Quilt. That is quite a statement from me. I see quilts all the time in Amish country. This is amazing. There is nothing even close to this that I have seen elseware.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so nice of you to say!😊

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!