Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Nov 25, 2023

Retro Flash 2

Good morning,

It’s been a very busy couple of weeks in this household, but I did manage to slip in some cutting, sewing and embroidering. I absolutely love these quilt patterns I’m working on. If you like sewing, applique and embroidery, these will fit the bill. The best part is that I was able to get each block pattern for free from Suzy’s Sitcom. She has many free patterns which come out every month. Do check her page out. 

This quilt reflects life in the 50’s, when bowling, jukeboxes and crazy color combos were the thing. 


Who wants to go bowling?


These big jukeboxes were so popular. 
Later they were replaced by little individual jukeboxes at each diner table.
 Remember? So fun!


And here’s your typical living room setup. The only thing missing is the standing ashtray. 
Love the TV rabbit ears and the old phone. No selfies back then!
 The ‘stylish’ lamp takes me back to my earlier years. 

A couple of progress pics…before the embroidery.



I’ve really enjoyed working on this quilt. Only three blocks to go, then the finishing. This one is raw edge, but I’m going over the edges with invisible stitching so it doesn’t fray. 

I’ve also completed another Tweet as Honey block and have two more blocks to go for that one. I’m guessing I’ll finish them both around the same time. I’ve also got some other patterns and things perking in my noggin. Hopefully I’ll get to some of those soon too. 

Well thanks for popping in and have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings,
C~

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blocks Carmen - the retro vibe is certainly there - love the furniture in the lounge scene :)... I am going to 'date' myself and say I do remember that style.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!