Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 20, 2023

Tweet as Honey 2

Hi,

I’m popping in today to show you the progress on my Suzy’s Sitcom quilt “Tweet as Honey.”The first post is here if you’d like to see the first 3 blocks.

Suzy always seems to have a few quilts available as a sew along - free on a monthly basis. If you miss a month, the block pattern is available to purchase at a minimal cost. If you prefer you can buy her quilt patterns outright and work at your own pace. I’ve participated in two of her quilt sew alongs and absolutely am loving it. 

Here are the last three blocks I made. I’m doing raw edge applique. There is lots of embroidery work on this one too, which I enjoy. 




You’ll notice I haven’t quilted the backgrounds yet. There’s definitely some puckering from the embroidery, but that won’t be a problem once I get the quilting in place. There will be sashing in between each block. Then I’ll have to figure out how I’m joining them. 

There’s also some edging included…one on each side every three blocks. 


I hope this one turns out as good as the first one did. 
Anyway, thanks for stopping by,

Blessings,
C~

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful colours on your blogs, Carman, and I do love them - they are gorgeous - I am looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.
    Thanks for the cartoon - it gave me a good smile :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful applique blocks love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!