Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jul 10, 2023

Tweet as Honey

Some time ago I shared a Quilt with you called Seagulls Paradise. This quilt was a Sew Along designed by Suzy at Suzy's Sitcom. Recently I embarked on another one of her Sew Alongs. This one is called Tweet as Honey. Today I am sharing a few of the blocks I've put together so far. If you'd like to go to Suzy's Sitcom, check the sidebar for a link.

Here are a few of my blocks. What I like about these is that they involve quilting, applique and embroidery work. You end up with a quilt that is unique to you. I have not done any free motion surface quilting yet as I will do that once the other elements are in place. I used raw edge quilting, but am a bit nervous about that, so might go over the edges with a zigzag. 





These last two panels are for each side. There are also more of these coming. 

Suzy offers one block a month, each free for a month. If you miss any, you can purchase them separately. If you like, you can purchase the full pattern as well. I enjoy doing the one block a month and getting the pattern for free. I’m a bit behind on this one because I was busy with other projects when this one started up, but I saved them to my files each month. Suzy also  has a Fb page on which people share their interpretations of the blocks from all the quilts she’s offered over the years. There’s a 50’s one I’m sure I will make sometime. I’m just saving the blocks as they’re released for now.

Anyway, do check her out if you want a project to make. She also offers other crafts on her site. People make small quilts and pillows and table runners, etc. with her patterns. Super fun!

Have a great day,



2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful blocks, Carmen. I love that they also include embroidery and you can accent them as you wish. What a generous person Suzy is with offering free block patterns
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! She certainly is!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!