Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jul 1, 2023

Mailbox Art

Happy Canada Day!

There’s many festivities happening, but we’ve had three sets of visitors today and decided to stay home. It’s too crowded and people-ly out there. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So anyway-

I’ve been watching my plain white mailbox getting sadder and sadder over the last year or two and I keep telling myself I should really do something with it. So I did. 


Hmm, blue or colored? 


Here it is in its white, rusty, boring glory. It’s served us well, but not long enough - so I pulled out a few things.


First I cleaned off the rust the best I could, then covered it with clear nail polish.


Once that was dry, I painted the bottom of the lid with white acrylic paint. 


After measuring and cutting out the fabric, out came the trusty old mod podge. I recommend outdoor mod podge for this, but I used what I had and sealed it well. 

And here she is hanging outside where you can see the color better.


I bet the mailman is going be so excited! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for the visit! Have a great week,
C~





2 comments:

  1. WOW - what a transformation Carman - that is fabulous. Long may it last!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of sealer, but ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคžfingers crossed!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!