Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jan 25, 2023

Fabric Postcards

Good morning!

Does anyone else love Pinterest a little too much? I just love looking for ideas and tutorials. Lately I’ve been looking at fabric crafts and decided to make some postcards. These were really a lot of fun to make. I did mess up a bit, but not enough to ruin anything. Lol - - - live and learn. Here’s what I made. Some are in a plastic sleeve already.





(These jellyfish were inspired by Krebsbachhuber Crafts) 


(These beach houses were inspired by Stitches by Julia)

On the beach scenes I attached seashells. Wish I had some starfish ⭐️ . So many stores in town have closed and it’s hard to find some things, so they have to be ordered. I’m sure you run into the same if you’re not living in a major city. 

Anyway, these are lots of fun to make and the backs on three of them have cardstock postcards so they can be mailed. By the way, did you know you can address them and leave them in the crystal sleeve? Just make sure the stamp is on the outside. (If you like your messages to be private, a slip of paper will hide it, just make sure it isn’t on the side with the mailing address). The  other two I backed with fabric.  They can be framed or mailed in an envelope. 



You can sew these on or glue them on. There are several free postcard printables available on Pinterest, but I used these ones by Ihanna, Ihanna. I don’t  know if I like the zigzag stitching so I may be making the next few with proper binding. 

While I was playing anyways I threw these two together. They’re slightly larger and fit in 8x10 frames. They’d be good for a kids room. I plan on making some larger landscape themed fabric pictures to frame soon. These are also in a plastic sleeve to keep them clean. 



Well, that’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed these. 

Have a great week,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Carmen these are such a delight to see - what a fun way to make a postcard! Love them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!