I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Mar 9, 2023

Framed Fabric Art

Hello,

Playing around with these seascapes has been really enjoyable. They remind me of Vancouver Island, one of my favorite places. I was lucky to find some fabric locally with clouds on it . It works perfectly for this seascape. I added some mountains, some embroidered grasses and then I glued seashells onto the fabric with glossy accents. 


Here’s another seascape using slightly darker colors but with the same cloud background. Each strip of fabric on both of these seascapes is sewn into place with some stitch lines added for texture. I’ve added seashells and starfish here as well, and stitched on some merino wool by hand. 


This one is more of a simple landscape. I embroidered on some flowers and added appliqued tree branches and leaves. The butterfly is 3D (with glitter glue for a bit of shine). Then I appliqued on a sweater, which was stitched in place before I added the embroidered hair. 


Last but not least are two flower appliqués. For these I took bits of fabric and ironed ultra hold heat n bond on the back. Then I cut the flower petals and ironed them in place. Stitching came next, not only on the petals but also in between for this random look. 


I got these Matt’s with backboard off of Amazon.ca. They come with crystal clear bags to seal them into.


Hope you enjoyed these. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Blessings,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Carman - in fact absolutely amazing - I love the flowers in particular.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!