I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 1, 2022

C2C Cupcake Security Blanket Free Pattern

It’s December first and true to the time of year, it is freezing outside. BRRRR!  The best place to be is inside where it’s warm and cozy. I’ve been using this time to sew, crochet and make cards. Today I will share one of my cupcake themed projects with you. 

This is a corner to corner security blanket. When completed it is 25”x20”, which is a bit larger than a typical security blanket. You could make it smaller by removing 2 or 3 rows all around, or add more rows to the outside and turn it into a stroller blanket at 30”x35.” It’s so easy to do that with these graph patterns.

I’m in the process of blocking it, but you can see how the pattern turned out. I made it for my great granddaughter, who is almost 11 months old now. A happy little bean! 

I apologize for the sun rays…it was difficult to get a true color photo. 


This was the pattern I used. I have written out the counts for this pattern for myself and can print them up for you. However, I no longer have the grid pattern, other than this photo of it. However, if you click on it, it’ll bring you to a larger version of it. You can then take a screenshot and print it from there. 
One thing I did differently was instead of using a double crochet, I used a half-double crochet because I thought it would make a thicker blanket. If you use a double crochet, you’ll end up with a bigger blanket as well. 

(To use a half double crochet in this pattern, the chain 6 becomes a chain 5, and the chain 3 becomes a chain 2)

I made some minor changes to the pattern afterwards, which you’ll see below.  The cherry is slightly smaller. I have not written up the count for this one. 
I’ve included a link of this pattern for you below. I believe you can print it from there if you’d like to try it. 


That’s all for today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings, 
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. A fun blanket Carmen - but I won't save the pattern as I have too many other projects on the go... including a knitted blanket half done. Thank you for sharing it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like me! Always something creative happening! The pattern is just there for whoever might want to try it…but I know people are busy, especially this time of year! ☺️
      Carmen

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!