Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Nov 4, 2021

Dragonfly Fabric Cards

Hi there,

Sewing is a long time love of mine that I am introducing into my cards. The card window is about 3x3”, so this is small work, but I so enjoy it. I am incorporating appliqué, machine sewing, hand sewing, quilting and pressing the sentiments with permanent heat n bond. I’ve used lace and satin over the cotton background. So it’s a lot of little things. Maybe it’s the variety I love so much. 



I’m learning a new phone and as you can see, my close ups are kind of dark. They’re clear enough that the detail is observable. This is with brightness and brilliance added…but, back to the drawing board I guess. 







I really loved playing with these and plan to make more. 

I just got back from Fort McMurray, Alberta where the weather is cooling down but still perfectly nice. The northern lights are just spectacular right now. I looked for them every night because they’d been active before I got there, but it wasn’t until I left that they showed up again. I’m leaving you with a few photos my son took after I left. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

Carmen





5 comments:

  1. Stitching was my first love and brought me to cardmaking. Your squares are beautiful. Your Stitching and colourful pieces well chosen. Stunning cards.
    Northern lights was top of my bucket list but I never made it, Your son's photos are much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christine!
    You know, I still haven’t seen them in real life, but maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what beautiful wee masterpieces of mixed media art Carmen - they are amazing!! Fabulous photos of the Northern Lights
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 103 for Handmade Cards. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!