Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Oct 20, 2021

Sweet Little Fabric Cards

Recently I thought I’d try something a little different for me. I love to sew, embroider, (both regular and brazilian), plus I quilt. So I thought why not combine these? The cards I’m showing you today only feature quilting and appliqué to start, but I’m working on some other ideas as well. 

You are Stronger than you Think


Choose Joy 1


Choose Joy 2


You Were Born to Shine

The square blank cards with the window were hard to find, and only 10 in a package.I already have more on order because I really enjoyed making these. 

If you’re wondering how I made the words, I took some permanent hold heat n bond and affixed it to some plain white cotton. I attached that to white card stock with some double sided tape and just ran it through the printer. It came out ok, but this is a fairly new ink cartridge.

Then I just ironed them on, except for the one design on which I stitched over the words. They’re pretty tiny for sewing and the heat n bond is strong enough that it should stay put. 

I’m looking forward to making many more of these and have some rectangular window cards too that I plan to fill with some felting techniques. It’s fun to think of ways to create!

If you’re local, I do sell my cards. Eventually I may set up my Etsy shop again, but for now it’s mostly local. They’re $5 for the 4.5 x 5 cards, and $7 or 2 for $12 for the 5x 6.5 cards. Some are hand painted. All the cards have the inside done but blank. I’ve found that it’s better not to put greetings in them so they can be used for anything. I can always add a greeting afterwards if I have one you want. 

I haven’t decided what to charge for my fabric cards yet, and I’m thinking of doing up prints of them and of the painted cards.

Every light in the house is on, and it’s just me and my hubby here. Haha. Guess I’d better turn off a few of them. Or better yet, maybe I’ll go and make more cards. 

Blessings,

Carmen


BRUTALLY HONEST SLOGANS


2 comments:

  1. What fabulous cards Carmen, and so original. Amazing work using all your various talents. Love them!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!