I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 21, 2021

Steampunk Squad

Hello!

It’s a chilly day here in beautiful British Columbia, but still bearable outside with a warm sweater or light jacket on. It’s definitely feeling like autumn and that’s ok by me! With the smoke all summer it feels like we missed a whole season, but I’m glad to see the backside of all the fires. 

The paper pads have been beckoning me although I really should be working on my quilt. I love pretty papers and really like that my card stash is growing. I actually signed each one today, and split them up into categories and price points. There’s my painted cards, large cards, small cards and clearance cards. 

The clearance cards are ones that I’ve had for a while, ones that are a style I no longer use, or ones that aren’t my favorite. It always surprises me when people tell me they love a card of mine that I think is ok, but not my fav. They say different people like different styles and that’s certainly true. 

Today I finished off a few cards I started yesterday. I’m using Stamperia papers for these. I love steampunk and I love the ocean, so these papers were a no brained for me.

Lady Steampunk


A close up of the cardboard gear I embossed

The card inside. I often leave these blank so they can be used for any occasion.
I like using grey cardstock for the insides lately rather than the white. 


Rustoleum


 Just a few brads and some foam tape on the front. 

A simple inside, this time using kraft paper which 
seemed to compliment the brown tones of this card. 


Steampunk Starfish


Another embossed cardboard gear on this one and some brads. 


I really kept the insides simple in these. Sometimes simple is good.


Steampunk Fish


Some rustic brads and a paper anchor to finish off the front

The inside

I’m really growing to love the Stamperia paper lines. They’re so simple to use. I prefer the 8” packs, but sometimes all I can get is the 12” pads. It’s still worth it for the price as I get more background papers. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Blessings! 

Carmen

BRUTALLY HONEST SLOGANS


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!