I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 24, 2021

Booklets of Hope for Today

Good morning! 

I’ve finally made a few more mini booklets. I had made three initially, but I was giving them away faster than I could make them. One for a friend who got sick, one for a birthday (we try to keep it small) and one for someone who was upset. To my surprise, all of them really appreciated them.  So, I told them all, enjoy them and if you find someone who you feel needs it more than you, then please pass it on! 

That’s how my little lights in the darkness were born. My little books of hope!

Here’s three more I made. I’m only going to show you a couple of pages in each one, but will include some quotes and scriptures for you. Also some choruses from songs I found encouraging.  Using sticker paper rather than adhering each one down with double-sided tape was much easier and less time consuming. 




I’ve made the pictures large so you can see the writing better. The only challenge was keeping the quotes small enough to fit into the 3”x 4” spot. They’re all encouraging, hopeful, or make you feel better about yourself or life in general. 

I cannot set these up as a pdf file as I'm currently using Open Office which doesn't support the correct file types.  I can write them out for you and you can make your own in Word using a table. 

For fonts, I used "Times New Roman," "Priscilla," and "Ink Free." 

Quotes and sayings:


It's hard to hear

God's voice

when you've already

decided

what you want

Him to say.

Sanctification and Spitup


I have given God

countless reasons not

to love me.

None of them

changed

His mind.

Lysa Terkeurst


Remember...

Fear

and

Faith

Cannot co-exist.

Elsie Welc


Worry is like

a rocking chair.

It gives you

something to do, but

gets you

Nowhere.



The devil wants you to worry

about what's next,

so you can't enjoy

what's now.

The devil is a liar!

Sanctification and Spitup


You can't wait until life

isn't hard anymore

before you decide

to be happy.

Nightbird


Anxiety weighs down

the heart,

but a kind word

cheers it up.

Proverbs 12:25




Let your Smile

Change the world

But don't let the world

Change your Smile


Do not fear,

for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name;

you are Mine!

Isaiah 43:1

Cast your cares on the Lord

and He will sustain you;

He will never let

the righteous

be shaken

Ps. 55:22


Hard now

Doesn't mean

Hard forever

If today was heavy

Put it down

And give it

to God



Songs I've incorporated:

When peace like a river

attendeth my way

when sorrows like

sea billows roll.

Whatever my lot

Thou hast taught

me to say

It is well,

It is well,

with my soul!



Turn your eyes

upon Jesus

Look full in His

wonderful face!!

And the things

of earth

will grow strangely

dim

In the light of

His glory and grace.

On Christ

the solid rock

I stand

all other ground

is sinking sand

all other ground

is sinking sand!

Scriptures I've used:

Jesus take the wheel

Take it from my hands

Because

I can't do it

on my own!

Carrie Underwood



Isaiah 35:4

Jeremiah 29:11

Romans 8:31

Hebrews 13:5,6

Psalm 27:1

Deuteronomy 31:6

Isaiah 40:31

Romans 8:28

Isaiah 41:10

Psalm 55:22

Proverbs 12:25

Jeremiah 29:11

Psalm 46:1

Isaiah 43:1

Proverbs 1:33

Luke 12:25

Matthew 11:28

Psalm 46;10

Psalm 23:4

Eph 6: 10, 11

Isaiah 40:31

Psalm 91: 1,2

John 14:27

Joshua 1:9

2 Tim. 1:7


I had a lot of trouble with the formatting on this post. I guess this is the best I can get for now. My apologies!

Well, that's all Folks! 

Blessings,

Carmen




2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful set of wee books Carmen - and thank you so very much for all the quotes, verses and scripture references - they are deeply appreciated. I have not been well these last two weeks, so to make some of these would be a quiet 'something' to do as I recover.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well! I hope you recover quickly! These are quite fun to make and are a great little project to do. Enjoy!!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!