I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 16, 2021

Graphics 45, Catch of the Day Cards

Hi there 😃

I’ve been busy making lots of cards as I have quite a few birthdays coming up. Today I’m going to show you those, plus some new paper pads I picked up. I also made more Little books of hope, which I’d like to talk about a bit.

Many people are affected by the political climate in the world today and it’s bringing a lot of people down. Whatever opinion you may have on it, I felt I wanted to do something to bring peoples’ spirits up a bit. So I made a little booklet that can be taken with you, sit at your bedside table, or be passed on to someone you think needs it more than you. I called it My Little Book of Hope, and if you click on the link it takes you to the post. 

I’ve given three of these away since I posted and have requests for two more. I think there will be many more in my future. They’re encouraging plus you can give them as little birthday gifts for friends you don’t normally buy for. I’ve been surprised at the response. Such a little thing!

Now let me show you my cards. There’s three in total. These come from the Graphics 45, Catch of the Day 12x12 paperpad. 

Highland Light



 

I added a little metal spiral and silver brads. Plus a little stamp that was in the pad.
The main photo is raised with foam tape.


On the left I also added this die cut I ran through on shiny paper. It’s very pretty in real life. 

Skilled Sailor



I added a little silver dolphin charm to this, plus more silver brads.


I made a nautical knot and adhered it with glossy accents glue, then added an anchor die cut.
The main section is raised with foam tape.


Crest Fishing Pier




I like making these nautical knots. Here’s another. 


This card was super simple because I just cut around the stamps and raised the front with foam tape. 
Those little round stickers came with the pad. 

That’s my cards. They’re 6.5 x 5” and I will sell them for $7 each or 2 for $12 if you buy them before a birthday comes around. Which means I have to make more, but whatever. If I have to mail them, shipping costs are added. 

Next, my paper pads~

I’m quite excited to make more cards and little books of hope with these paper pads. These are beautiful quality papers. Nice and thick. 





Until then, have a good weekend!
Blessings,
Carmen

             BRUTALLY HONEST SLOGANS





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Carmen - love the nautical knots - they are fabulous! It's great that you wee books of hope are so well received - would you share some of the scriptures and quotes?
    You new paper looks amazing
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maxine! Yes, I can do that on a post about the next set of little books I’m working on. 🙂

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!