Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jan 31, 2021

Evening Embroidery


Good morning! 

I may have mentioned on my FB page that I recently picked up some pearl cotton. I had a project in mind based on some work I saw on Pinterest and wanted to try it. I do have some embroidery, cross stitch and brazilian embroidery in my background, but I found this fascinating because it gives you freedom to just create. No crosses, no patterns, just play! Since this was my first attempt, I did keep an eye on some other works mostly for technique. Next time I’ll be braver. I made a few discoveries on the way - - always learning. 

It’s not perfect, but it’s a good start. The clouds needed to be bigger and puffier, but it’s not bad for a first try.




I’m looking forward to my next one! It’s a fun thing to do in the evenings to fill my time.

I’m working on the next quilt block, a cat hat for my little granddaughter, some birthday cards and this, so I should be posting again soon. 

Have a grand week!
Blessings!




2 comments:

  1. Oh what a stunning 'first' try at this technique Carman - dramatic use of colour and I love your result!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping to do more soon! I know I can do better! 🙂

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!