I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 21, 2021

Seagulls Paradise Update

Hello everyone,

It’s been almost a month since I posted, but what a month it’s been! December is always a busy month for most people, add to that the political show and time flies! In any case, I’ve continued to work on my quilt in between everything else so thought I’d pop those photos down in this post.

I’m participating in a quilt along by Suzys Sitcom called Seagulls Paradise. The reason I was drawn to this quilt is that I used to live in Victoria on Vancouver Island. I miss the sounds of the sea, and seagulls are one of those sounds. I’m having so much fun getting the top done. I haven actually quilted anything together yet. 

To recap...blocks one and two


Block three 


Next is block four, which I don’t believe you’ve seen yet.



And finally block five, which is actually one long strip



This is now the top third of the quilt top done. I’m ready to start quilting soon. 

Her  next free block is due out on the 24th...I’m looking forward to it. 

I should mention that Suzy does up patterns for pillows and table runners too, and actually some of these quilt blocks could be used for that purpose. She’s working on a series of table runners for 2021...one a month. The patterns are always free for the first month, but you can order the whole pattern for a fee, or pay for each month after the fact. She has a Facebook page which I’ll link to below. 

Hope you’re enjoying my quilting journey. 

I did up some nail polish card fronts yesterday as well but haven’t done anything with them yet. The smell was so strong though. Idk if I want to do that too often. Wooo Lord...who needs wine after that! 


I’ll probably do something fairly simple with them because they’re busy on their own - - except for that insipid one on the bottom. Lol


Hey, have a great weekend!
Blessings!
Carmen


6 comments:

  1. Loving your seagulls Carmen 0 they are fabulous, you get so much expression in their faces with the way you vary their eyes.
    The backgrounds are amazing - the only time I made them I worked outside, and it was still pretty potent, and next morning when I walked into the studio I nearly go bowled over!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Maxine! This’ll be a long project. The last block comes out in August. I’ll wait until then to show the rest.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. It will turn out in a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wies! It’s been fun so far!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!