I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 28, 2020

Seagull Paradise Block 3

I’m making lots of progress on Seagull Paradise quilt! The latest block came out on the 24th and is free until December 23, after which it’s $5.99. It’s not too late to join this fun sew-along. There’ll be a link at the bottom of this post for you.

I’ve put together the background on her latest block, but I’m still finishing off the third block of snail trails and sailboats. I just have to add a set of 4 squares along the top of this one and it’s done.


I’m going to try a quilt-as-you-go process since I don’t have a long-arm machine. Having never done any true free motion quilting other than on a pouch, it’ll be interesting to see how it looks in the end. Its probably a good idea to start with something simple. Should I go over the appliqué or around it? I’m thinking the latter might be better? Decisions, decisions!

The first three blocks.


I’ll be back with another card in a few days. Enjoy the weekend! 

Blessings,
Carmen


Seagulls Paradise Sew-along by Suzys Sitcom:


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful block Carmen, you really are going to have a beautiful quilt when it is all done! - I personally would quilt around the applique.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!