I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 13, 2020

Two Button Pouch with Denim


Do you find that there are certain types of crafts you do at certain times of year? I know that sometimes we make things for people at any time, but generally speaking, do your creative exploits cycle? Just curious because I find myself enjoying the more woolly and fabric type crafts in the Fall and Winter. I tend to paint in the Spring/Summer and do a lot of paper crafts then as well. 

A couple of weeks ago I made some very simple little pouches that were quick and easy here. Recently I found a pouch on Pinterest that I love, but when I went to download the pattern from the blog it was featured on, much to my chagrin the download was no longer available. The blog is called Elisanna Sofie, and she is a Dutch Blogger. I just linked to the whole blog because you can't download the pattern anymore anyway, but it is a really cute blog and she has some great projects on there so check her out. Her original pouch is on my Pinterest Board here if you'd like to see it. It'll lead you to a tutorial found here

I wanted to make that pouch and so I had to make up a pattern for it myself. Which is what I did. But first here is one of the pouches I made. I took this photo outside on a cloudy day because it was too dark in the house even with lighting. I really need to get a light box.


I used some medium interfacing and some quilt batting on this pouch which gave it a nice sturdy yet soft feel. I love the denim. I also made the buttons like Elisanna did. It's a nice touch.

Here is the pattern I drew up. 


I cut it out of fabric and denim, then made up the piping cord and sewed the denim to the fabric with the piping cord in between. It's not a good picture, but if you look closely you can see the piping cord there.


This is the front piece completed with the buttons sewn on by hand. I used the purple fabric for lining, I just wanted to use up some fabric I had on hand, but it works okay.


I only used medium interfacing in this one, but I love the one with the batting more, so from now on that's what I'll do. This one is nice too but I like the thickness of the yellow one.


Still pretty cute, and not too terribly time consuming. Plus another gift done.

Even though it's cloudy here, the temps are supposed to get to 33C (91.4 F). Not too bad. I would love to see some sun though.

Happy Sunday,

Carmen

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments!