Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 23, 2020

Note Cards for Fabric Envelopes

Hello my friends!

Can you believe August is just about over? This has been one crazy year, but it's moving along regardless of the strange happenings. After researching for a long while, you just get so worn out that you look to the things that take your mind off of it all. I'm so glad we all have our arts and crafts to turn to. Of course, there's always our family and friends as well! 



Do you remember the fabric envelopes I made? I also made little note cards out of cardstock to put inside them. These were meant for people to give away, so I didn't fill any of them out, but left them for others to use. First here are some of the envelopes I made. If you'd like to see the post, there's a little tutorial on it - Fabric Envelopes, Cute Little Gift Idea.


But I really wanted some little note cards for them. 

I cut the cardstock into 5.5" sheets, then scored them at 4.25" which gave me two cards per piece of cardstock and they fit perfectly in these envelopes. 

Then I took out my faithful little Cuttlebug and made some impressions on the front of the cards. These may be a little hard to see. 




They looked kind of bare and I could have stopped here since note cards tend to be pretty plain. However, I went through my stamps and found a few I thought would make cute card fronts. It was fun coloring them and it only took a bit of time. Some of them did show through, so I added a white backing to the inside of the front piece and done. Some have sentiments inside, but I left some blank too. 


And now they're done and ready to go! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blessings,

Carmen

4 comments:

  1. Very nice cards. Fun to use your cloth envelopes. Very nice cards. Your coloring is wonderful. (At first I thought the coffee cup stack was your digi.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...thanks Krista! I've had that stamp in my stash a long time. It's what I modeled my digi after. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful results Carmen - yes, our crafts really have been lifesavers during these difficult times
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!