Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jul 10, 2020

Easy Watercolor Cards

I've been having a lot of fun making watercolor cards. They are not time consuming at all, well except for the drying time, but if you want to you can just dry it with a heating tool. 

Here is a page of four card fronts I painted. I taped the watercolor paper down with masking tape and divided it up into 4 sections with the masking tape. Then just wet the watercolor paper, and start dropping some colors on it. I do all four at once and let them dry overnight. 

The next day I doodle. It's therapeutic for me and I often listen to music or a video while doodling. These are all freehand, but they're very easy patterns. If that is not your forte, just look on Pinterest for easy doodling ideas and copy them. Once that's done, I either hand write the greeting or stamp it and tape it on to the card front.


These are so much fun to do. As you can see, on the ones above I removed the masking tape and wrote the greetings in the blank spaces I created with the masking tape. 

Below are the first set put onto cards and into sleeves. The bottom set I stamped the greeting onto a separate piece of cardstock instead of masking a spot for the greeting. I will be putting those on cards but I wanted to show you them before doing so.


Anyway, you should try it. Super easy, fun and you have a card ready to send or give.

Thanks for stopping by! 


8 comments:

  1. So pretty~ I guess you could stamp on the dried watercoloring. Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you sure could for a different look. Would be really nice too!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea Carmen - and so effective. I must try that - thank you for the transpiration
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and will have to try it in the next few days. Now if I can find my water colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid! Very lovely and peaceful.
    Carmen, you make it look easy. I can't draw even that minimally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! I know you can! It is so easy!!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!