I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Apr 30, 2019

Using Up Cardstock Leftovers

Hello,

I started a new category under 'Cards & Tags' on Pinterest called 'Cardstock, Use It Up!' It's kind of nice to use up leftover cardstock in a card. Here are a few of my pins to show some fun ideas! 

Paper Crafter's Library had this card to offer. I see about five different cardstock being used here! 

This one is on Splitcoast Stampers, made by Kylie Purtell. I love this card because it looks so elegant. You can add stitching instead of the spaces, or use ink.

I like the technique used in the following card. She has used circles of cardstock, glued them down and then used an embossing folder on it. This was made by Yellow Bear Stamping.


Here's a cute one from  As the Ink Dries, using a butterfly punch. Unfortunately, when this card was originally pinned, it wasn't pinned to the actual page, but I did leave a link to the blog. 

This is actually one of my pet peeves. You have to go to the actual post on a blog in order to link it properly. Most people just link to the blog home page, which changes every time they make a post.


This next one comes from an Australian blog called CCundy that has been removed, but the card is still on Pinterest. This card would be great to make for people who love to play with inks and have leftovers lying around. I thought this was a great idea and I may make a couple of these cards myself to have around. I will have to splatter a bit of acrylic paint on them because that's kind of what I like about these. Cute right?


Well, head on over to Pinterest and see if there's any more you can find. It's a fun way to use up leftovers! 


Have a great week, 
Blessings, 
Carmen

7 comments:

  1. That’s a great idea to make a Pinterest board with all kind of cards made from leftover papers. Thanks. I will take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wies! Yes, I will have to make some cards like this too!

      Delete
  2. What a great I=idea Carmen, and I love the samples you have shared here
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ideas. Yep, I have way too many scraps! Thanks for the encouragement Carmen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!