I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Apr 16, 2019

Easter = New Life!

It's almost Easter!

I have family coming for Easter dinner this weekend, so I wanted to make something to put at each place setting. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on stuff like that, and I'm not really into the bunny thing. I love bunnies, but I wanted to focus more on the meaning of Easter being new life. So I went to my trusty Pinterest and found a cute idea. 


I went to the Dollar store and found some little peat pots, some chocolate eggs and some Easter grass. It cost me about $5.00. I had the bakers twine and glue at home. 


I trimmed the top of the pots then turned the pots upside down and put a bead of glue around the rim of the pot. I just tied the bakers twine around it, making sure it sat in the glue and let it dry. Then made a bow. 

Turn them right side up, add the grass and the eggs and walla! 


I could have put another egg in them, but I ran out. I may just pick up some little chicks and add one to each pot. 

I would say that's representative of new life! 

Well, have a great week,
Blessings,
Carmen


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet table decoration Carmen, and so easily put together.
    I bought my children up with the admonition that the eggs represent the New Life we have in Jesus - they don't emphasis it the same as we did , but we did our best, and they do follow the Lord and are teaching their children the Truth, so I have a lot to be grateful for.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine! It's a little something to spruce up the table a bit. I'm truly happy for you. It's a blessing when our children follow God!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!