Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Apr 5, 2019

Spread a Little More Love!

Hello! 

Just a thought ~ ~ ~

Years ago I headed up a program called Secret Prayer Pals in a church I attended. It was quite a success. We started by picking names out of a basket. This would be our secret pal for a 10 month period. The commitment was to write an encouraging card to that person a minimum of once a month. You were allowed to give gifts, but it was not required or expected. Then at the end of the program we would have a revealing function where everyone would find out who their secret pals were for the year and where people gave a small revealing gift. It was interesting to see who got whom, and also the encouragement and small gifts people received throughout the time. Since then I handed it over to others, but it eventually died. I still love the concept though, but I wanted to change it a bit or broaden it, but didn't know how.

So when I saw this idea I thought it was pretty neat. This particular site was called "More love letters." 

The premise of this letter writing campaign is to write a letter to a stranger, or someone whose name has been submitted. Basically someone that needs to know they are loved, or that things are going to be ok. Just something encouraging letting them know that someone cares. 

I love the idea, but I don't want to join this particular program because it's in the US. I do want to write letters though, and address them to "Hello! If you find this letter, it's for you!" or "Read me!" or "Open me!"

Then leave them everywhere. 

That's really just what I want to try first. 

So I began looking around pinterest and found a few letter writing ideas for this. I love Pinterest --- it has everything on it. 





Here are some little notes from Coffee & Honeycomb. Adorable!! 



You don't even have to have an envelope. You can take a 12 X 12 piece of paper (or smaller) that has a design on one side, white on the other. Cut it in half and then fold it in half. You will have two 6"X 6" folded letters you can write something inside of. Then I'd stick a label on the outside. You could close it with a sticker or a glue dot or whatever. 

If you do use an envelope, you could decorate it --- just for fun. I tend to doodle a little on mine, but I've seen people use washi tape, stickers, etc. 

I love the idea of submitting a name of someone who is sick, someone struggling with depression, someone dealing with a loss, etc. You could make the world a happier place, and that's what we truly need these days! Maybe I should start something locally? 

Anyway, this sounds like fun to me. What do you think? 

Carmen


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea Carmen - may I suggest you 'go for it' locally. I understand about being reluctant to join the US group as postage can become such a huge expense.
    For the lonely and isolated these would be a real blessing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!