Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Mar 23, 2019

Catching Up on Crafts

Hello,

Seems like I've been missing in action again.  Life, you know! 

I'm still puttering away. I often post things on Instagram because it's quick and easy, but then I forget to post here. There are always things in progress on my desk as well. I'll make a card, decide to make a few more and wait to post. Then I don't make anymore and don't post. 

Why? I don't know -- it's what I do.

Nevertheless, I'm happy and buzzing along and now I'm here to show you a few things, the good, the bad and the unfinished. But they're mine. Lol

First I'm going to show you my painting. This is a 5X7 small painting made as a trial. I wanted to try some acrylic painting and found a style that I thought might be fun and less laborious than my oil painting. I'm not overly happy with it, but for a first attempt it isn't bad. There are a lot of things to think about in mixing the paint properly and how you combine them, what you use with it, etc. All of it affects the outcome of your painting. I have a long way to go, but I'm going to try some other ones to see if I can get the results I want. 



I also made a few cards recently. I actually love this tulip stamp. I thought it would make a cute thank you card to have on hand.


This one is made with some puzzle pieces. The picture doesn't do it justice, which doesn't help, but it is what it is. I wanted to make more, but look at it -- back to the drawing board.


These are ones I am working on. I do have to get cracking because I have a birthday coming up. After cutting the strips off the others, I decided to weave them together. It might make a good background for another card or a mixed media piece.
The lady with the hair is an IndigoBlu stamp that I love. 


I was texting one of my DIL's because I wanted to send a little parcel to the grands. She said the girls are really into scrunchies for hair. So I made a bunch of scrunchies. There's cotton blend, velvet, sheer with pom poms and shiny ones. These were fairly quick and easy to make. I have granddaughters in three different places, so I made quite a few. They're all ready to go now.


I also made another Critter Bag -- there's no name on this one yet, but I'm sure I'll find someone. The photo is kind of dark and shaded, but you've seen these before.


Last but not least. This is my Attack Chicken. I made him and then threw him at my son and yelled "Attack Chicken," and somehow it stuck. Now he gets thrown around at unsuspecting people.

I never said I was normal. 


There's a free pattern for this guy from Stip en Haak, a dutch blog. There's an option to translate it to english before the download. I used a bigger hook, so mine isn't as small. The original ones are just adorable.



Well, that's it for today,
Have a great weekend!

Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the 'attack chicken' story - that sounds normal to me :). Love your woven card background, and yes, that image is exquisite. Enjoy your many and varied crafts - mine are on the back burner at the moment as I am harvesting vegetables and fruit and processing them amongst other things! It's supposed to be autumn here, but it's not really making it's presence felt as yet.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine! Yes, I'm a little quirky at times, but mostly serious. I guess that's why things like that stick. Lol...Oh, sounds wonderful! I envy your ability. I think we should all grow our own food, but I am so bad at that and canning that I'm not allowed to do it anymore. I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

      Delete
  2. Hello Carmen..... just browsing around in your wonderful blog. Had to share that the Attack Chicken post made me literally chuckle out loud. It just hit my funny bone. You definitely have a way of writing that is engaging and easy to read...... and to keep going to the next post because the reader is so unwilling to stop having a moment of humour, seriousness, enjoyment of the talents the Lord has gifted you with etc. You are 5 hours east of me - maybe someday we will meet in person. I can bring along an Attack Chicken to throw your way ! lol. Be blessed and continue to be a blessing out there in the blogging world! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thank you for that wonderful comment! So you’re on the Island? I met my husband there. In fact, I worked at the bank of Nova Scotia main branch downtown, many moons ago! We moved to Kamloops for work and never left…well except for our jaunts to the island which is still near to both our hearts! It would be so nice to meet!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!