I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 17, 2019

Boy Cards and Crafts

Hello Everyone,

How is 2019 going for you? I've been MIA here on the blog for lack of time, but I often post on my Facebook page when I don't have time to do a full blog post. If you'd like to see what I'm up to on a regular basis, check me out there.

Here are a few of the things I've been working on lately. (If you follow my FB page, you may have seen a few of these already, but there will be a couple of new cards). I'll post the cards first.

This one was for my oldest grandson. He just turned 16. I just love this kid! He's funny, sweet and talented at beatboxing. Just a nice kid!


I saw a card like this one on Pinterest and decided to try something similar. The blog was no longer in existence and so I can't give credit, but what a cute idea!  I liked the black and white contrast, so stuck with that. The rest I just kind of put together by gosh and by golly, but it turned out okay. I just used a piece of yarn for the shoe lace as I had nothing else suitable. 


I thought this little metal 'Destiny' accent went well with the saying. 

My other grandson's birthday is coming up in February and he's right into Lego. So here is his card.

I bought the Lego paper quite some time ago but it sure came in handy. It has a bit of a shiny texture to it and so I didn't need to do any additional work on it.

I found a little saying that I thought was cute and put it on the inside. 


My kids sometimes roll their eyes at my sense of humor. Oh well, I've got to be who I am.

His daddy's birthday is also coming up in February, so I made a very simple card for him. I scarfed the saying off the internet. It was a free sentiment that led back to Pinterest and a broken link. Sigh.



I had such a hard time getting good photos. It was full-on sun in the middle of the day, but they're still kind of dark. I wasn't going outside to take them. Too cold here, plus I'm just getting over being sick.

Speaking of which, that is why I made easy cards. My goodnesss I was sick. I mean sleep all day sick, and stare into stunned oblivion when awake. Oh, it was bad. Happily I am on the mend. Still coughing lots and still a bit stuffy at times, but waaaaayyy better!!!

Now onto some things you may or may not have seen. I made some little Tiger Pouches for three of my granddaughters. After seeing them my 10 yr old grandson came and asked me to make him something, so I made some Shark Pencil Pouches for 2 of my grandsons. The others are either too young or too old.


The Tiger Pouch was a paid pattern from Stubbornly Crafty on Etsy. This one was super easy to follow and fun to make. I used wool felt for the glasses. 


I actually made 3 of these. The smallest one is the first one I made and is true to the pattern. I decided I wanted them a bit larger, so the other three were made with the adjusted pattern. 


The pattern for the Shark Pencil Pouches was a free pattern from Patchwork Posse. You will have to join her newsletter to get the pattern. I found it difficult to work the zipper in this one but it's great for using up scraps of fabric. I'd like to try one with Denim scraps. If you're not experienced with zippers, I wouldn't recommend this one for you.

Okay, so last but not least. I always enjoy crocheting and have been working on some little runners and hats for newborns up to 3 months. I'll just share this photo instead of take an up to date one.


These are going to the pregnancy center in town. I may make more. I'm really kind of a do-as- the-mood-hits-me girl. Some might say spoiled, but that's not nice. Be nice.

Anyway, that's about all I'll post for today. My computer is blinking on and off and being difficult, but it still works. Lol.

Be thankful, take nothing for granted and have a great day!

Blessings,
Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Taking time to craft!
    Nice cards Carmen.
    Cute pouches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carmen - so glad to hear you are on the mend from that nasty bug!!
    Love your cards, and the pencil pouches are fabulous. Those wee crocheted booties/runners are so sweet... is there a pattern available somewhere?
    I too am a crafter who tends to do what I like, when, apart from filling card orders...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxine, Thanks! I'm happy to be on the mend! The pattern for the converse runners is from Choosy Stuff. There are a couple of videos to go with them. The link to the etsy shop is included.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOZ8TzTb8kxs3j1yHuY8URw?reload=9
      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. But I must say, your crafts do not look like you're sick. I love the pouches and the cards. Thanks for sharing with #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol, Most were done before I got sick, but I made a few cards once I was feeling a bit better. It just hung on, but I"m good now! :)

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!