I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 13, 2018

Autumn, Pinterest and a Challenge.

I love Autumn! There is nothing like some crisp, fresh air accompanied with a playful wind after a hot, smoky summer. Autumn, with its colorful display always gets me thinking about warm, soft colorful things like yarn, fabric, etc.

Speaking of which, I spent about three days cleaning and organizing my craft room again. I did it about 6 months ago, but I didn't go through every box and drawer. This time I did which resulted in a way better job of organizing. Apparently I took a short cut last time - - - 

So I had to do it again. 

Let that be a lesson to me --- and maybe to you too if you're as silly as I am.

Mostly, I have fabric, papers and yarn, a LOT of yarn. So I will be crocheting this Fall. That's ok, I love crocheting. Just don't talk to me because I will count out loud at you. Fair warning.

If you also enjoy crocheting, Sweet Potato Three (facebook page) hosts a Cancer Challenge every October that involves several indie crochet designers. During this challenge, if you download a free pattern (new one every day), you are promising to donate at least one hat you've made with that pattern to any cancer clinics. I started doing this last year and am really looking forward to this years challenge. 

Here is a link to some of the hats I made from the Cancer Challenge from last year which I donated. 

Speaking of organizing, I also did some on my Pinterest. My 'Off the Hook' Board has a ton of crochet on it of which many are free patterns, but I decided to start a 'Free Crochet Patterns' Board as well. Just to make it easy for people. It's listed below if you'd like to have a gander at it.

Well, seems I'm just about at the end of my post. It's raining here today and it feels cozy inside. I'm happy for the rain after this crazy fire season they used to call summer. The reports I'm hearing of  snow could wait just a little longer, imho though. 

If you're into crocheting, check out my free patterns board and have a wonderful day!

Check it Out: 



Carmen

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about counting at people - I am knitting a very lacy pattern at the moment and feel the same :-) My first love is crochet, but knitting has to be the medium at the moment. Enjoy your cooler days - ours are just warming up here in the Antipodes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!