Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 25, 2018

The North Wind Calls Me

It stumps me that I operate through such a revolving craft door. Inevitably there seem to be certain times of year that a specific craft calls me. It's like the movie Chocolate --- where the north wind calls her and she cannot resist. That is SO me. It's like I lose interest in the other crafts and have to obey! Anyone else experience that, or am I a weirdo?

I spent a lot of time painting in the spring. In fact I have found a venue in town where I can display my work. I have yet to varnish and put backings on them to finish them off properly. That's kind of exciting for me. I have wondered if I should sell one on a facebook site, but I like the idea of selling them locally. I'm still thinking about it. 

Now that summer is almost over my crochet hook and my sewing machine are calling to me. 

(Summer? I jest as it hardly materialized. Instead we had Spring, SMOKE and Fall which is just around the corner). 

Anyway, back to my crochet hook - in the last two days I have made 2 and a half hats. I'm also working on a Sew Together Bag, only I took the pattern and made it 2 inches larger. It was a request from one of my DIL's, and my grandkids love the bigger bags as well. Some patterns just get used over and over again. 

I'll stop talking now and show you what I've been working on. 

So this is the Ozark Ridges Beanie (also comes with pattern for messy bun hat) by Stephanie Osborne. I absolutely love this pattern. So much that I made two right away. 


Very rainbowy, but it was the only choice I had in the yarn colorway that I liked. I was hoping to find one similar to the one in the pattern. Oh well.


This pattern has so much texture in it. I love the braided look. Such a fun pattern to make. 


I made one in an off white too. I think you may be able to see the texture better in the single color. This pattern is a more advanced pattern, but it's not hard. These days you really only need to go on Youtube for any instruction you might need. 

Well, that's it for today. Oh, here's some of the fabric I'm using on the Sew Together Bag for my granddaughter. She loves the cupcakes and ice cream. I'll post it when it's done. 


In the meantime, have a great weekend! 

Blessings, 
Carmen

4 comments:

  1. I also have 'seasons' in my crafting Carmen! Love your hats - as my first major craft passion was crocheting, this fascinates me and i can really admire it for the work in it and the stunning results.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it's not just me! Thanks for the kudos! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Carmen! It's been a long time. I, too, flit from craft to craft. For a while, I painted furnture. That took a backseat to painting, then cardmaking (nothing as gorgeous as yours) and then making little wood initial blocks. And, now I am back to furniture painting (for myself this time!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...I guess it must be somewhat normal then (fingers crossed). It's nice to have the variety!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!