I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 23, 2016

Ink & Charcoal Cards

Hello Everyone,

I recently saw some cards on Pinterest, made with stamps and charcoal pencils. My mother, who was very creative, used to employ charcoal as a medium. She made up a picture of me wearing a ballet outfit (when I was 3) with a 2 x 2 photo as her guide. She also did some other canvases in charcoal, and also in oils, but I particularly loved to watch her working in charcoal. 

I thought it would be fun to try this, just because it reminds me of my mom. It's nowhere near the calibre she did, but I enjoyed the process.





I used a black charcoal pencil and a white charcoal pencil for this look.

Note how the white makes the images pop.



Background shading also makes the images pop.


These were fairly quick and easy to make, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with the charcoal. It's also nice to have some random cards made up for giving. 

That's all I have for you today! 

Have a good week! 
Blessings! 
Carmen

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments!