I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 20, 2012

Sleigh Ride 1, 2012

IT'S HERE!~

It's time for our first SLEIGH RIDE 2012!!!

As some of you know, I do two or three of these annually before Christmas. I scour the web looking for interesting or useful ideas for Christmas, touching on home decor, tree decor, yummy eats, free printables, gift making ideas and tutorials, etc.

So grab a cup of your favorite hot treat, and step into my horse pulled carriage!

First stop: Cardland!

I was hoping to make some QUICK Christmas cards this year...but I like to complicate things, so I had to find  inspiration for this! Here's some quick and easy cards to make that'll impress!
Benzi Stamps
My Paper Secret




                                Kylie's Cards and Things
                                         Michelle Philippi
                                    Live Laugh & Love

                                        Just Judy Designs
Hopefully that inspiration will help us get our cards out on time!!

Next stop? Let's look for some DIY gift ideas!

I think these would be a great gift for someone who loves to sew, a scrapbooker or cardmaker! Button push pins! So easy and so cute! Make the cork board, add the pins and wrap it up. Love it!
Visit Amy at Eat Drink Chic.
Here's an awesome twist! Ashley's Vintage Tin Candles are a great altered gift that makes candles interesting again! Find them on Design Sponge with a full tutorial!
Here's an awesome idea for your kids, or just for a cute idea. I would consider using a small bottle and attaching it to a gift as well. I found this at the Christmas Pudding Blog!
Those three crafts ought to keep you busy for a few days. 

Let's check out some HOME DECOR on this trip.

Would you mind leaving the horses a few carrots while they're waiting?

I just Luuuuv these Elf Stockings! It's a more advanced project from Sew 4 Home, but I'm up for the challenge! Check these out, then check out their tutorial with the free pattern!
Here's a way to make your Christmas Centerpiece have the look of ice without the ice! I stopped by the Big Red Kitchen for this idea! Have you figured out what it is yet? Click on the link to find out!

No trip would be complete without stopping at Paper Alley!

Kim of 3 Egg Designs offers some plain and simple gift tags that are just adorable....love her wrapping too!
Katie, from Smile Like You Mean It has some awesome Subway Art! These would be great framed as gifts as well! Please click on the link above to download it and leave her some love there!
Almost done our Sleigh Ride...but my lips are a bit dry! Anyone?

Oh, thanks Andrea! Love this lip balm! Want to make your own? Check out her recipe for homemade Warm Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm on Frugally Sustainable.
Here's another from the Soap Queen using some exotic ingredients. It's her Vanilla Latte Lip Balm, and it's sure to please. Click on the link above for the recipe!
WHOOAAA!

Watch your step getting off......come on in for a spell! Doesn't it smell AMAZING in here?

Want the recipe?

Stiffler's Social Scoop has a few to choose from. Check them out for some Potpourri to make your house smell like Christmas!
Thanks for joining us!

Oh, take a package of these Candy Cane Marshmallows from Martha Stewart. The recipe is included!

Hope you enjoyed your Sleigh Ride! 

Are you interested in my earlier Sleigh Rides for more great ideas? Check out the links below!

Sleigh Ride 2, 2012 
Sleigh Ride 3, 2012
Sleigh Ride 1, 2011 
Sleigh Ride 2, 2011
Sleigh Ride 3, 2011
Sleigh Ride 1, 2010
Sleigh Ride 2, 2010
Sleigh Ride 3, 2010
Sleigh Ride 4, 2010


Blessings,
Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Carmen, that was a delightful sleigh ride ... thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the state of my hair? That was one heck of a ride....hahaaa! I'm sooo glad you are doing this again....I've really been looking forward to it! I want it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen that was truly amazing. Thanks so much for doing the leg work. What a great idea. The cards you listed are great and I have now visited a few of the sites you recommended.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! As a card maker..thanks for sharing your inspirations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, especially. I'm thinking that Christmas balls one would be great for my little girl to make--we have buttons! Might use the computer to print up the base card and she can just glue them on.

    Can you feed the horses candy cane marshmallows? So exciting! Thank you....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!