I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 23, 2010

Sleigh Ride of Christmas Fun

Hi!

Christmas Is Coming!

I often like to look around at other Blogs to see what they're up to! Another great place I like to look for ideas is Etsy! With the Christmas season fast approaching, you can find some wonderful ideas for all kinds of Christmas-y things. So today I want to share some of my finds with you.

First, have a look at Stephanie Lynn's Blog  Under The Table and Dreaming. She is featuring 6 days of 24 ornaments, all handmade!!

 UndertheTableandDreaming

Her very first feature was done by my friend Beth from The Stories of A2Z, soon to be Home Stories A to Z.





She made these gorgeous Chalkboard and Silver Pinecone Ornaments!

Her site is a Cornucopia of interesting topics, handmade items, recipes, home decorating, renovating, various tutorials, and...well...there isn't enough room to list it all. Go check out her site!! You'll love it.

On Etsy, Chalkboards are also all the rage! Have a look at some of these great buys.

This Elegant Oval Silver Magnetic Chalkboard is found at AZCreativeStudio and sells for $10.50 US. Isn't it just adorable?? I love it!!


I fell in love with these little Chalkboard Tags I found at bradensgracewallart for $8 (12 - 3 1/2" Labels).

These little chalkboard items are just so sweet and versatile! I even saw Speech Bubbles, various animal shapes and whole walls painted with chalkboard paint in kids' rooms! Reminds me of when I was a kid. We had half a wall covered with a chalkboard. I loved it!

Want to learn how to make your own chalkboard paint in any color you like?

Check out The Sweet Life for a full tutorial on how to do that! It's a well done tutorial that is easy to follow!

Looking for some great ideas for handmade Christmas gifts?

Recently I came across Melissa Samuel's Blog, The Art of Scrapbooking, where she features this Mini Birdcage Album.

I just love this little mini...what a great little gift it would make! Check it out and leave her a comment! Also look around her blog for other great Mini's!!

Another 'Mini's Queen' is Laura from The Paper Trail. She does full video tutorials on various mini's and she sells kits with instructions, or just instructions (for the brave) on Etsy. Make sure you check her out!  You won't be disappointed!

Do you like to make scarves? There's a great idea and a tutorial on Kevin and Amanda.com  for this Ringlet Scarf


What a unique scarf...I'm sure someone on your list would love it!! Please, don't forget to leave some love for these creative bloggers!

How about a Tote? Here is an idea that I am definitely going to put to use this Christmas! I just LOVE this idea and I'm a bit hesitant to share it because I would rather make one first and post it....but that may take a while, so here ya go...

The Juice Pouch Tote on Thrifty Fun.


Not only is it fun, it's recycled fun!! What could be better?

I am an avid coffee drinker, so my first project will probably be a Java Coffee Tote. I thought these would also be great using Gummi Bear or Lifesaver wrappers for a little girl's purse! Really, the sky is the limit with these!!

I've seen these at a Craft Fair recently made by a friend, Lydia Koot of Knitty Bitties. She is a knitting diva, and also enjoys sewing. These totes are particularly strong and would work great as grocery bags as well as purses.

Anyway, I am going to have such FUN making one!!

Are you looking for a Centerpiece for your Christmas Table? 

Take a gander on Martha Stewart's site for a Video Tutorial on this Pop Up Christmas Tree! The photo doesn't do it much justice, so go look at the video. I've already run off the template, and as soon as I get some time, I'm going to make one. So easy!!


Anyway, that's it for today!

I am aiming to do a Christmas Sleigh Ride of Ideas about once a week before Christmas comes, where I'll find some projects, items, recipes, etc. that are great for Christmas.

In fact, I have a couple of recipes of my own that I'd like to share! So stay tuned! =D

Also, check out:
Sleigh Ride of Christmas Fun 2
Sleigh Ride of Christmas Fun 3
Sleigh Ride of Christmas Fun 4

Thanks for visiting!

Carmen

4 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing everything you discover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo with you on the etsy addiction, thanks for sharing your finds - happy weekend hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - I love the ringlet scarf!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!