I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day,Urban Grunge, Digital Stamp!

First of all, I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the awesome men in my family, and to those father's out there who happen to stumble upon this blog! Hope you all have a terrific day!

Well, it's been so, so busy lately! This weekend alone we have out of town company, my granddaughter got dedicated on Saturday night, and my youngest son has decided to get baptized on Father's Day. So we'll be going to his church and then out for lunch with the family members who are able to come. Should be fun!

Mixed Media: Urban Grunge

I've been working on a new technique that I learned from Andy Skinner, a mixed media artist. My mom and I have been having fun playing around with this new technique. He calls it Urban Grunge Background and provides a video on his blog. The technique uses acrylic paint and distress inks together, plus a gloss sealer and Stamps. Check it out!

Here's my first attempt. I haven't put any fibers in the holes...but you get the just of it.

 My second attempt:
You can't see it in the top two tags, but this next photo shows the shine on the acrylics. Kind of a cool effect.
Here's my Mom's first attempt:
My mom is more of a painter, so this tag looks more like a painting. I love it!
 Doesn't it remind you of a waterfall? So cool!

Anyway, check out Andy's blog if you want to make your own! :)

Digital Stamp!

I've also been working on a digital image. I like things that are a bit different, somewhat surreal actually. My husband loves to go out on the ocean and fish, so I started with a boat....actually a chinese junk...but somehow it turned into a flying ship! :)


I know, I know....what are you supposed to use this for? I don't know either...hit me with your best shot! I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

Here's some awesome inspiration to get you going: Some lovely cards using this image @

 cgsays[something loudly] Rockin' the Boat












Canonburycreations












Chrissy's Cardland

These are so awesome! Wonderful job ladies!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Carmen

26 comments:

  1. Wow I love the idea of butterflies as sails on a ship! Thanks for the freebie!
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove this ship! It reminds me of the ship that took all the little kids away to dreamland in one of the Sailor Moon movies. Very neat and a little spooky all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping my my blog and leaving me the nice comment on my long ago "In This Skin" post. Curious how you happened by and interested in what you might do with the digital stamps from some of my thought. Hope you'll stop by again.Penless Writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS tags! Love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this. I really really love this butterfly ship. It is great. I can hardly wait to get home and use it. I am on a 2 1/2 month speaking trip but I will print it out the first chance I get, thank you bunches hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image and will try and use it on a creation. Will show you when I do. Thanks for the download. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Thank you so much, Oh! I'm going to have fun with this one...awesome.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vielen Dank für das tolle Freebie. Es gefällt mir super gut.
    Liebe Grüße
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the butterflies for sails. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so imaginative! I love it. Thank you for sharing. Butterfly sails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so imaginative! When I think of moving through the air, the grace and beauty of a butterfly is the best. What a wonderful sail this would be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this..it is so different! Thanks, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome image!!!! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tags are extraordinary. Yes, it is reminiscent of a waterfall!!!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fabulously different! I love butterflies! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing this lovely freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. a gorgeous freebie thnx...I looove your tags

    hugz from South Africa
    Shamela

    ReplyDelete
  19. your tags are STUNNING! I absolutely ADORE making tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unusual but very whimsical ship. Very good image. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, gorgeous tags. I thought I was following your blog, but I guess I wasn't...I am now tho!
    I LOVE this image, thank you. I made a card with it and have been receiving lots of compliments on the image: http://cg-says.blogspot.com/2011/07/rockin-boat.html
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! I just love your blog. And thanks for being a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing some of your digi images ..more power to u and God bless..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!