I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Oct 5, 2010

Just a Quickie Post...

I've been away for a few days, so haven't posted in a while. I'm working on a number of things and hope to have something up soon.

While in Sidney, on Vancouver Island for a conference, I found the cutest little dried pumpkins. My plan is to make some Fall Potpourri with them.



Aren't they just the cutest?

I also found some Disney "Cars" Fabric to make some pillows for my grandson's "Cars" bedroom! He actually has a Cars Garage in there! It's like a tent, but it's a garage. He loves it!



The fabric store had large spools of ribbon for sale in bright yellows, and this pretty coral or pastel orange color. I figured it might come in handy for the Ridgeview Halloween cards, and it was only 50 cents!! Lots on there too...such a good deal!



Aside from a couple of curing racks, there was nothing around for soap and candle supplies, so I ended up ordering some things when I got home. Hopefully they'll come soon.

On my curing rack I have some Chocolate Soap and some Mulled Cider Soap. Both of these are Beer Soaps. Why beer you ask? Beer adds lather to your bar of soap....and everyone loves lots of bubbles!!



Over time, these two ended up looking a little darker. I cut up some small bars to sell as sample packs. These are still curing and haven't been cleaned up yet, so you can still see the rich oils in there.

The left one is the chocolate and the right one is the mulled cider....amazing how they change, eh?


Also on the curing rack and ready by the end of October are these:

Anisette Hemp Bar...the names of these bars will probably change, but for identification sake, I'll just call them by what's in them. This is an extremely rich, moisturizing bar, good for the skin!!



This one is the Coconut Milk Bar. The scent is rich and fruity. I added a bit of gold mica on the top for sparkle. Also a nice moisturizing bar.



This one is a Dead Sea Mud Bar. Full of minerals and well....mud! It's more of a drying bar, good for oily skin.

Anyway, that's it for now! Hopefully I'll be back soon to show you the potpourri and some cards.


Carmen
Have a good week and thanks for visiting!!

1 comment:

  1. Your soaps look (and must smell!) so wonderful! The beer one looks like fudge marble cake!! Yummy..... Looking forward to your Fall-inspired creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!