I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Aug 19, 2010

Some Oldies

Hello!

I've been working on a wedding album since....well...about 5 years ago now. So these layouts are from then! I know...another project on the back burner that needs to get completed!!  Still, I thought I'd share them because I love the photos! I have a lot left to do, and my style has changed considerably since then...but that's okay. I am still going to finish it off.

Anyway, here are three of the layouts. The first one is called Timeless Memories.


I absolutely love this photo! I aged the clock hands and dabbed a bit of gold paint on them. The edges of the page also have a bit of gold paint here and there. The Timeless lettering slid onto the leather ribbon and was fastened with sugar brads. I attached a metal clock embellishment to the sticker. The photo is of my eldest son, his brother, his best friend, and his wife's childhood best friend.

The next photo is called Brothers, Friends.


This is another simple layout, and yet it works. I used silver paint on the edges of the photo and layered torn designer paper. The lettering is just brads, and I painted a chipboard parenthesis with black and silver. The photo is of my two eldest sons kidding around. I love this photo!!

The last photo is called Beautiful, and it is of my gorgeous daughter in law. She is beautiful inside and out!


I used distressed edge overlays which I thought provided a nice frame for the photo and the whole layout. I added some very simple flowers and a bit of ribbon and heart shaped rhinestones. I wanted the layout to be simple since the subject is so clean and flawless. Believe it or not, I cut the word out by hand after printing it backwards on cardstock, and attaching it to a double sided tape sheet. That was a lot of work!! But, I like the way it turned out.

I'm really not sure how I'm going to get better photos with the lighting in my house, and I apologize for the light spots. Maybe I'll have to start taking my photos outside!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these even though the style is a bit simplistic and old school.

Thanks for visiting!!

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. You do know the feelings are mutual, Carmen. You are very creative! Gorgeous! Your son and daughter-in-law will be so lucky to have this keepsake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!