Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 15, 2010

Baby Shower Gift

Hello!

Today I want to welcome Izzy to "Beyond The Fringe Crafts" with her first post! Izzy is my sister and also ended up with some very creative genes from our gene pool (can I say that?). Like me, she likes to try her hand at various crafts, and today she is bringing us something she has created for a friend. I hope you enjoy her post! If you do, please leave her a comment. I'm sure she'd appreciate that!



 Welcome sister!! =D

Hi!

I was recently invited to a baby shower for my friend, Alice. This was Alice's second baby girl, and  because of that she still had baby clothes from her first daughter that hadn't even been worn! So, I really wanted to do something different and decided to make this little door hanger for the baby's room.


This was a quick and easy little embroidery pattern. I hand sewed the lace onto the edges and added a little pearl to the middle of the flower.

Kamryn's older sister is only 2 1/2 years old, so I thought it would be nice to do one for her too so she wouldn't feel left out. Here is hers:


Both of their door hangers co-ordinated with the colors of their rooms, and I'm pleased to say that Alice really liked them along with the gift certificate I included for Northern Persona Photography! Here are the two of them together:


I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks so much for visiting!

Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!