I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 7, 2010

Spinner Cards

Hello Everyone,

As promised, here are some cards we made. I say "we," because my newest DIL made a couple of these. She has recently got into Scrapbooking, and what can I say...she's good at it. There wasn't a whole lot of talking between the two of us...but oh what fun we had!!

For Christmas I got a Cuttlebug. All the embossed paper in these cards were made with it. I just love it!!

So let's have a look at the cards:

The card below is one that Amanda made. I love the extra little touches she put on it. The flower was cut out of designer paper and layered. It looks really nice when you spin it. I also like the ribbon.


This next card was also made by Amanda. She embossed both the paper and the heart. Then she used embossing powder on the lettering in the slot...which we think may be why it doesn't spin as well as the others, but who cares when it looks this nice!!


This next card is one of the ones I made. I used a homemade acetate butterfly on this one. The paper is a CTMH package. I'm pretty sure it's still current. I really love these papers!

I couldn't leave you without showing you how the cards spin...so here's a quick video. Check below for some measurements and a supply list to make the cards.




Supply List:

One 6X6 inch piece of cardstock scored at 3". This is your basic card.
One 5 3/4 X 2 3/4 inch piece of white or neutral for border
One 5 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch piece of designer paper, and one neutral the same size for backing (for strength)
2 pennies
Pop dots and glue dots
Two sided tape
Stamp, flower, or whatever for spinner
Your template made with cardstock. (see below)

For tools you will need:

A 12" trimmer with a scoring blade
A Stampin' Up Word Window Punch

(If you'd like measurements for the green card, please email me) =D

Directions for the card:

Tape the 5 3/4 X 2 3/4 piece of white or neutral card stock to your card. (Later, when you've made your card top, don't forget to use the window in it to measure where to stamp your greeting onto this border piece.)

*Make up a template measuring 5 1/2 X 2 1/2 and mark at 1 1/4" down the length. Starting about 10/16" from each side, punch with the window word punch. First one side, then the other, then the middle. It may take several tries to get it even. Save and use this template for your cards.

Make your spinner using a stamp, a flower, or whatever you want. The spinner gets attached to your first penny with a glue dot. Put a pop dot on the other side of your first penny.

Attach your 5 1/2 X 2 1/2" designer paper to your neutral paper with double sided tape. Using your template, draw the window with pencil, then punch it out.

Now place your spinner over the window and turn the whole thing over. Your pop dot will be showing...remove the paper from the top of it and attach the second penny to it. Now shake the card back and forth to get the slider working.

Now place about 10 pop dots on the back side of it...around the outer borders so that it doesn't interfere with the spinner. Attach this to your card (remember to stamp your greeting on your border first , as mentioned above.)

You're done! Great job!

I hope this has been helpful. Have a nice day and thank you for visiting my little corner of the world!



2 comments:

  1. Wow....I've never seen one of those before. Quite a bit daunted by it, to be honest. Didn't think about using pop dots and glue dots in that way!

    Really beautiful cards, and I'm sure the fellowship was delightful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've never seen a spinner card before! Gorgeous. If I made one, I'd be tempted to write a love note to myself. It's too pretty to give away. (Yeah. God's working on me with that one. :) They are beautiful works of art Carmen. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!