Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jan 7, 2010

Do It Yourself: Glue Dots

Hello everyone!

Are you tired of paying so much for all those little items we have to have? We love scrapbooking, but honestly, it can get very expensive. So a little help can go a long way!

Here's a neat little DIY project that will save you tons of pennies. All you need is some old glue dot papers, and a bottle of Aleene's Tack it Over & Over.


These come out of the bottle white and dry clear. I did these up last night and they're just a little translucent, but not clear. They will get clearer with time.

The two white sheets at the bottom of the photo are the clear acetate with the glue dot paper on them to keep them fresh. You can use these over and over again. Just so you know, wax paper won't work...the glue dots will stick to it.


My friend brought me some paper backing leftover from their price stickers. These work great! They usually just throw that out. I feel so green!!

You can see in the photo above that the glue dots are quite clear now...it's been 4 days, but I packaged them after one day. Here is a close up below...they look whiter than they are because of the way the light is shining on them...but you can see the little bit of white dots in the centers waiting to turn clear.


I've used these and they are VERY tacky...so be sure you are placing something where you want it. They can also be stretched a bit, which can be nice depending on what you're glueing.

You can make thousands of glue dots for a fraction of the cost, plus you're doing your part for the environment by reusing the back of sticker tape and/or glue dot paper. It just doesn't get better than that! Have fun!!

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!