I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 14, 2010

Stand up!

Hello Everyone,


I know, I know...such creative titles on my blog posts. It really is getting quite boring! Titles have never been my strong point...I just kind of say it like it is. Please love me anyway! =D

Here is a card I've been working on. Wait! It looks a little flat...



Let me try to remedy that....and stand it up!

(Just so you know, the green thing in the background on the left is a part of my Cuttlebug showing...it is not a part of the card.)

I have to admit, I really struggled with this one. I just didn't know how to decorate it once I'd done up the basic card. I wasn't going for any particular theme, which made it a bit difficult.



 The base was made with embossed cardstock. I took the vintage photo distress ink pad and rubbed it over the base to show the embossing clearly.

The large insert in the center of the base has to slide up and down, so you cannot put anything bulky on it, except maybe the very top. The only other choices are rub-ons, stamps, pictures, etc. The smaller insert on the front had all kinds of possibilities once I'd decided what to do with the larger insert.

I chose a rose tree rub-on for the large insert, so I used a bird in a nest on the smaller insert.
Last summer while in Williams Lake, I visited Creative Accents and picked up some chipboard figures. One of them was the chipboard bird I used here. I covered it in various papers and added an altered prima flower to. The nest and butterfly are Tim Holtz stamps. Please double click on the photos for larger pictures.

As usual, I inked up the sides of all the inserts and the bird and flower. I love the depth it gives to most projects.

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world. If you feel inclined to leave a comment...you'd make my day!!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Carmen.....You amaze me!!! Beautiful work.
    Hugs.......Do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen, what a beautiful blog you have and you make fabulous art! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. I see we have more in common. We both love Tim's art and techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!