I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 29, 2010

Canadian Artisans and their Ingenuity !

Hello Everyone!

I have to warn you, this is a lo-o-o-ng post!! Lots of pictures...so have a look~

As I was checking my Facebook account the other day, it dawned on me how many of my friends and family are incredibly talented artisans!!

Since I am linking up to some Christmas projects and ideas from all over the web for the next few weeks, I decided to insert a post that will feature some of our Canadian artisans, so without further adieu:

1) The Cute Factor, by Ashlynn Kornelson

As many of you know, we just celebrated the birth of my granddaughter Lauryn. As soon as I checked out Ashlynn's page 'The Cute Factor', I knew I had to buy one of these. It came really quickly in the mail and was sweetly and carefully packaged 'for our precious little girls.'

Ashlynn makes these to fit any size you need  to fit your little one comfortably. She runs her customer oriented business in a professional and courteous manner. Dealing with Ashlynn was a very rewarding experience on every level!


Citrus Dream

Cotton Candy

Gum Drops--love this one!!


Ice Princess - Very cool!



Little Lady- love the Lady Bugs!!

Cinnamon Hearts!

You really have to check out her FB Fan page as she has many, many more designs and they're all ADORABLE!!!

Ashlynn has a Facebook Fan page called The Cute Factor-designer jewelry for our precious girls! 
She resides in beautiful Penticton, B.C.

Do yourself and your little girl, niece, granddaughter, baby cousin a favor and pick one of these up. They are affordable and very, very precious!!

2) Hand-turned Pens, by Terry Hurst

Are you looking for a beautiful yet practical gift for a business partner, accountant, or friend? Look no further!!

These pens are just so elegant! Made from exotic woods such as Brazilian Rosewood, Purple Heart, African Zebra Wood, Black Wood, and Ebony; some are even made of Deer, Elk and Moose Antlers--they make a truly unique gift!

Terry hand turns these pens from his home in Alberta, Canada. In his due diligence, he ensures that the companies he purchases his exotic stock from do not participate in questionable logging practices. The domestic woods he uses come from urban trees, or blow downs, etc. Due to his appreciation of the incredible beauty of the woods he works with, he feels every effort should be made to ensure their survival in their natural habitat.

Below are some photos of some of his creations. These are wonderful writing instruments that feel well balanced in the hand. Truly a pleasure to write with!

   Red Oak Pen and Pencil Set / Purple Heart Wood Pen /  Zebra Wood Pen and Pencil Set


From top to bottom:  Rosewood, Purple Heart wood, Siberian Pea Wood, Rosewood Pen and Pencil Set.
*You can click on any picture to enlarge it and get a better look.  

I'm proud of Terry's work, especially since he is my BIL, and these pens look even better in real life!
 
If you'd like to get a hold of Terry, just go to my info (email) or leave a comment and I'd be happy to hook you up! 

3) Next I'd like to introduce you to Carolynn Seymour Photography.

Carolynn has a natural eye when it comes to photography! Her friends and family have been using her work and promoting her awesome photos for years, and now she can be found on FACEBOOK, shyly showing off her work, and it is BEAUTIFUL! Here are a few photos:

 I can't even tell you how difficult it was to pick out just a few!!

If you're local, or even if you're not--Carolynn is an artiste with a camera, and she knows how to use it!! 

Her rates are excellent, and she is sure to please. Give her a call for your photography needs!

Her Facebook Fan page is found at this link: Carolynn Seymour Photography

Carolynn is a local Kamloopsian, and just happens to be my DIL's sister!! You can contact her via her FB Fan Page! 

4) Krystal Clark of Delish Naturals has a growing line of amazing body products:

Handcrafted body care for the whole family. From body butters, to cloth diaper safe bum butter, pregnancy balms, cold salves, shampoo and body wash, we have your body care needs covered!! Organic and natural ingredients nourish and heal skin difficulties, rashes and issues, while leaving you soft and smelling Delish-ious!

The ever popular and almost miracle working Yum Bum Butter!!

Fight off them stretch marks with Mango Mama Bump Butter!
Spoil your other half and soften those lips with this luscious Pucker Lip Balm!

 Got baby? Keep that baby skin soft and happy with Delish-ious Body Wash! Don't forget to keep that hair silky smooth with Delish-ious Baby Shampoo. Would you trust your baby with anything less than natural??

Delish-ious Baby Lotion! More of the same goodness your precious baby will love!

Delish Natural's products have been hugely successful!  She regularly receives positive feedback from many Mom's who have tried her exceptional products on their little ones. I have seen photos of difficult rashes clearing up, as well as read reports of the success these products have on sensitive skin. She hasn't skimped on quality, and it shows!!

I am expecting even greater things from this Kamloops company in the near future!! 



Delish Naturals can be found on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/delishnaturals 

To purchase Delish Naturals products, here's the website: www.delishnaturals.com 

Once you try these high quality, organic products, it will sell you once and for all on good, safe body care! Make sure to take a moment and check out her sites. 

You'll be glad you did! I promise!

5) Last but certainly not least...especially if you love CAKE! Check out Custom Cake Creations, by Lisa Bucher.

I was going to edit this piece down, but it so eloquently describes Lisa and her process to Custom Cake Creations, that I'm going to leave it intact as is. Lisa resides in Kamloops, B.C. with her family. 

Here she is in her own words:

I am currently on a LOA from my high school teaching career and am a stay-at-home mom with three children ages 6, 3 and 2. I majored in English, Drama and Fine Art in university, with a particular interest in painting and art history.

Cake decorating has been a passion of mine for years as my grandfather was a baker and when I was in university, I worked for a bakery on the weekends and summers. The first noteworthy cake I ever made was my own wedding cake 17 years ago. It was a joint effort between my grandfather and myself and will always be very special to me, especially since he just passed away this fall. 

When my own children came along, I suddenly had a reason to make fancy cakes again. Just last year I was introduced to fondant, and that has really opened up a whole new creative world for me. I used to paint on canvas; now I create with cake. I am self-taught and find information on the Internet as a great resource. Creating custom cakes is like therapy for me - I am so blessed by all the opportunities that have come my way. It is a real honor.

So there you have it, and here are some of her creations!


Great! Now I want cake! LOL...well, not really, it's 8 AM here at the moment--but I could happily eat one of these cakes if it were standing in front of me right now. How about you??

For more beautiful creations and to get a hold of her, Lisa has a Facebook Fan page called  Custom Cake Creations.

Give her a shout for your next party or gathering!!

Wow...that's got to be my longest post of all time!

But then again, What an UH-Maz-ing line up of Canadian talent!! 

Most of these folks are located in Kamloops, but all of them are Canadian creators. I hope you'll take a moment to check each one out, especially all you local folks!

Thanks for visiting! I'll be back soon with some more Christmas Craft ideas and Christmas gift ideas!

Have a wonderful day!

Carmen



2 comments:

  1. Carmen, thank you! I am honoured to be featured with these beautiful artists. I am glad you really enjoyed your Cute Factor jewelry! All the best! Ashlynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really do have some TALENTED friends!
    What a fabulous post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!