Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 25, 2024

Wedding Tags, Favors and Bridal Dolls

Good day! 

It’s been a busy month with a celebration of life, an upcoming wedding, a 65th birthday and a new baby due, with a few other birthdays sprinkled in here and there. 

I was asked to make the tags up for the wedding favors for my youngest son’s wedding. Their theme is flowers, so I used a flower printable. They asked me to make them like some of my cards. Something like this card.


The tags were too small to add brads or gemstones, but the front is raised onto cardstock, and that was the main thing, I think. 


The white cardstock tags were cut on a silhouette by a friend. I did the flowered main piece with the writing on it in Inkscape, but you could easily use Word. I had irridescent cardstock for a backing on the flowered main piece. I taped these with dbl sided tape then put foam tape on the backside as shown. These were then centered on the blank tags. 


I was requested to put the ingredients of the cookies on the back of the tag. I typed these up in Inkscape and ran them off on sticker paper. This was the easiest way to do it. 

I wanted to cover the tag hole so I punched out some hearts to cover it using the irridescent cardstock. 


At first I attached the hearts with the embellishment tape, but realized it was making them too thick, so I used dbl sided tape instead. Prior to placing the hearts, I ran some cord through the hole so I could slip the twist ties through the cord (you’ll notice two knots about a 1/2” apart).


I made the bows with the instructions from a YouTube video using just your fingers. It was actually fairly quick. Unfortunately the bows did not want to stick. I used embellishment tape, and they’re sticking but they’re a bit fragile and can come off. I’m hoping they’ll stick well enough.  


I was going to use three colors of ribbon, but my third color never came, so we stuck with two colors and luckily I had enough ribbon in the two colors.

I had a hard time finding gussetted bags with a square bottom, but eventually I did find some in the right size. They’ll stand up on their own and that’s perfect! So here is a photo of the completed favors.



These cookies are gluten and dairy free and they’re truly delicious! The mother of the bride (Pam) baked up 460 of these right before the wedding. Then bagged them all into 2” gusseted bags. A true feat! They turned out super cute! 

In addition, Pam, who is a fairly new crocheter, also did up these adorable bridal dolls that look exactly like the bride and groom. Aren’t they incredible? I’m thoroughly impressed and they looked so good. Here’s a couple of pictures ~~


With a close up….

Thanks for popping by! I hope your weekend was as amazing as ours was!!

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. That looks as though it was a real family affair... your tags for the favours look gorgeous, and I do love the crocheted bride and groom - very clever!
    As my daughter and family have various food allergies/sensitivities, it's great that the ingredients of the cookies were printed onto the reverse of the tags.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maxine. Thank you so much! And yes, her mom did a beautiful job on the bridal dolls!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!