Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 3, 2024

Garden House and AI Sailboat Cards

Good morning! 

I’ve been MIA for quite a while lately, but it’s not for lack of creating. There will most likely be a bunch of posts in the next while to play catch up! 

In addition to quilting, I’ve been making up cards and card sets, and I even did up some more crochet booties for a soon arrival. 

August is a particularly busy month for us this year as we have a funeral (my sweet father in law), a 65th birthday, a wedding and a new baby!! Life tends to be like that doesn’t it? It’s all or nothing. lol. 

To get back on topic, the first thing I’m sharing is some more notecards. I make these in sets of 4 and give them out as thank you’s, just because, etc. These first ones are made with Stamperia Garden House papers. 


I did up a set of these sailboats. One is missing. These are AI images that I got off a site on FB. These are incredibly easy cards to make and lend themselves so easily to notecards. I cut a few background pieces and added a sentiment. Sometimes I’ll put a smaller picture on the inside. That’s the beauty of these images —- you can resize them. I embellished these with knots made of a thin hemp cord (illustration of how-to below).





Here are two regular size individual cards I made using AI images. I embellished these with starfish and brads.




That’s all for now! I’ll make up a few more posts of the rest of my creations soon. 

Stay positive and appreciate the good things in life! 
Blessings,
Carmen





2 comments:

  1. Loving those cards Carmen - so very effective with the large images, that you have mounted beautifully
    Yes, and I think your August events also mirror the cycles of life... I have an 83rd birthday to share in next weekend.
    Eeeek, as that is a family member who is close, it makes me feel old to write it down....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well, it’s a wonderful amount of years to celebrate with close family! What a blessing! 💜😊

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!